Monday, January 19, 2009

SVN and svnsync error.

For a long time I had a error with svn that I was unable to resolve and have finally gotten to the bottom of it. I was trying to set up a mirror of our repository using svnsync. I followed the instructions as per the manual. I created the mirror repository and modified the repository hooks as per the manual so that svnsync could make the necessary repo version changes. However I kept getting the error:

 

svnsync: DAV request failed; it's possible that the repository's pre-revprop-change hook either failed or is non-existent

svnsync: At least one property change failed; repository is unchanged

svnsync: Error setting property 'sync-lock':

Revprop change blocked by pre-revprop-change hook (exit code 255) with no output.

 

After lots of googling I was unable to find a solution to the problem. It then occurred to me that this was a SELINUX configuration error. The SELINUX template for apache does not allow the apache user to write to the svn repository directory. To check whether SELINUX is running, type getenforce on RedHat. If it is active it will display “enforcing”.



__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 3776 (20090119) __________

The message was checked by ESET Smart Security.

http://www.eset.com

1 comment:

  1. THANK YOU!!!! You have just saved this admin another day of head banging. Can't believe SELINUX caused this error. Even worse, there's hardly any references to this anywhere.
    Thanks Guy, much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete